Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Positive Patty to the Rescue

After my night as Debbie Downer on Thursday I was bound and determined this morning to have a better attitude and let my Positive Patty shine.

I wish I could say I got off to a great start, but that would be a lie.  First, I overslept (again) and woke up about 6 minutes before I had to leave the house.  This meant that I was still half asleep when I was getting ready and therefore forgot two relatively crucial details of my routine: my base layer and my knee tape.

So, not only was I a liiiiitle chilly, I was also a liiiitle annoyed that my knee was all jacked up.  BUT I decided to snap out of my funk when I got out of my car.  New positive mental attitude - check!

Anyways, today we had another "field trip" and ran the first half of the half marathon course that we'll be running in April.  It was pretty cool to see some of the course and the first 6 miles of it were mostly flat and easy.  Right up my alley.

Like usual I stared off with the 12 minute pace group and for the second week in a row I stayed with them the entire run!

12 minute pace exactly!

It makes SUCH a difference when you are actually with the group for the whole run... the miles flew by today and I felt great the whole time.  I kept waiting for my brain and my body to start rebelling and expected my pace to taper off, but none of that happened.  At the end of the 7 miles I wanted to keep going!  Who am I?!

A sweaty thumbs up for an awesome run!

Now it's time to eat my face off (my favorite part of Saturday's)... I'm going home to Syracuse for some good ol' family time, and in true "I think I'm a hardcore runner" form, I'm rocking my compression shorts and calf sleeves under my skinny jeans.  Gotta keep my muscles happy!

See ya tomorrow for an easy three!

No comments:

Post a Comment