Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

An Irish Run: Three Miles of Sweating Out Booze

When my alarm went off at 7am yesterday morning, I was ready to get my Irish on.  It was a little strange to wake up on a Saturday and to not be putting running clothes on.

not my typical saturday morning attire

Festivities started at 8:30 yesterday morning and continued until I collapsed into bed around 11pm.  It was a GORGEOUS day outside and although I did miss running for about 5 minutes, I got over that feeling pretty fast.  It was nice to just spend the day having fun and pretending like I was in college again.

Although, all of the fun I had yesterday caught up with me this morning and I was NOT excited in the least to run today.  Beer + pizza + more beer + corned beef isn't exactly the best fuel the day before a run.  Woof.

Everything hurt this morning when I woke up - my belly, my head, my body.  I figured if I dressed hardcore it would help me to run better.  Enter the calf sleeves:

welp, here goes nothin'

Too bad looking hardcore didn't help at all.  I was dragging today.  I ran with Emily, who was surprisingly chipper and energetic coming off of yesterday's fun.  As much as I wanted to stop and dry heave and slap her for feeling good, she kept me going the whole time.  There's no way I would have been able to finish the miles today if I was alone.

We went realllll slow - not slow enough for me though because I kind of wanted to die the whole time.  I finished 3 brutal miles with the slowest pace that I had gone in a LONG time.  

12:45 pace you seemed way too fast today  

It feels good to have the run done and I'm glad that I actually got my but off the couch to do it.  And actually, I feel a heck of a lot better now that it's over.  

As much fun as I had yesterday, the awfulness that I felt on today's run just reaffirmed the specialness of my 10pm weekend bedtimes during training.  No more drinking for this girl unless the next day involves zero miles of running.  Well, no more 14 hour long celebrations the day before a run anyways.  Lesson. Learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment