Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Final Saturday Morning Long Run !!!

This morning was our final long run of training - so crazy!! I was half excited, half exhausted when I woke up this morning.

here goes nothin

I decided to wear my skirt because it is a contender for Race Day Outfit.  I wanted to see how it would feel on a longer run.  Obviously my outfit is all I have been thinking about.  Important decisions!

The skirt immediately proved to be an iffy decision the second I walked outside.  It was a liiiitle chilly.  And raining.  Awesome.

:(

It was wet and rainy the whole time, and although I wanted to complain, it was actually the first time we've run in rain all training.  All weather conditions are now under my belt (thank you, Rochester weather)... I'll be ready for anything come race day!

The run itself today was just eh.  It took my legs literally about 5 miles to loosen up and I think maybe 1.4 of the 7 miles were awesome.  The others were pretty blah.  I was going REAL slow but I felt like I was pushing hard.  Worst. Feeling. Ever.

7 slooow miles, I'll take it

It's so weird to know that our last long run is DONE!  

done!

Race day is in EIGHT DAYS!!  I feel like I'm prepared but am also starting to get a little bit nervous.  Typing this is making me real anxious so that's all the race talk I think I can handle for now.  Time to get in my compression gear and hit the road for 'Cuse!




1 comment:

  1. I've been following your blog and training for the run next weekend and you're doing great! Very inspirational! I think you said it was the Flower City race that you're doing? It's supposed to be one of the best in our city! (Yes, I'm from Rochester as well lol)

    Some of the pictures you've taken look like they're taken from the apartment complex my mother in law lives-not sure if that's where you live or where you run but it's a great area-if it's the same place lol I'm there several times a month driving my kids over there to spend time with her. I actually can't remember the name of the complex but it's off East Ave. right by the split where you go straight and under the bridge-toward Wegman's-or split to the right to go up University.

    There are a ton of great neighborhoods around there(I moved from that area actually last year and am in Fairport now) and it's pretty safe with sidewalks for running. Having the canal path close by is great too. Rochester's a great place for trail hiking/running. I'm not sure if you like to hike/run in more "natural settings" but the Town of Perinton(Fairport basically) has the Crescent Trail Association and have several trails mapped all over the area. It's educational as they have a lot of trail markers, runs along the Erie Canal etc. If that's something that interests you, here's the link to check out some of the maps, trail info and some great events they're having this year to celebrate the town's bicentennial.

    http://www.perinton.org/Departments/parks/hikingctha/

    Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to congratulate you on your training and let you know you're definitely an inspiration to those, like myself, who are nervous about trying new activities!

    Bridgette W.

    ReplyDelete