Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Some Random Happenings

Brace yourself for the roller coaster of randomness that is about to follow...

First of all there are two additions that I felt necessary to add to my list of "You know you're (becoming) a runner when..."

Exhibit 1:

Your laundry pile becomes 99.9% running clothes.  And when you are low on quarters for laundry and can only do one load, the need for clean running clothes outweighs the need for clean work clothes.

Exhibit 2:

Your training schedule automatically trumps all other topics of daily conversation.  Even when you don't even realize it.


Secondly, yesterday I was reminded just how awfully boring running on a tread dreadmill is.  By the time I pulled myself together for the day, this was the forecast I was slapped in the face with:


While those numbers were only a slight deterrent to running outside, the fact that NOTHING was shoveled/plowed/visible under inches and inches of snow and ice was the gauntlet in my decision between outside and treadmill.

Not conducive to a productive run

I did two miles on the treadmill and it seemed like I was on there for two hours. SO. BORING.  I don't know how people do it.  I ran 1.5 miles, almost died of boredom, hopped off and stretched, then hopped back on and finished with another half mile.  I had my Nicki Minaj Pandora station and Teen Mom 2 keeping me company, but NOTHING is entertaining when you are running in place. 

I'm putting a self-imposed ban on treadmill running for the rest of my training.  As much as I complain about running in the cold and wind and snow, I'm usually exaggerating by about 142%.  It's really not that bad and I actually enjoy it most days.  My complaints regarding the treadmill on the other hand -- 110% not exaggerated.  Treadmill = slow death.

Last but not least, today was a pretty great rest day thanks to three things:

Numero Uno:

Baking (and Blue Moon)

Numero Dos:

Cupcake order = I get to eat the extra frosting for dinner

Numero Tres:

A (heart attack inducing) W for the Cuse = Daily dose of adrenaline

My phone is telling me that it will be 37 degrees tomorrow.  Welcome back to my life, open roads.  Even though I only cheated on you once, I'm 112% sure it will never happen again.  See ya tomorrow, East Ave.


No comments:

Post a Comment