Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Brain is Mushy

I'm sick and my head is cloudy.  I'm not sure if I am forming sensible and coherent sentences.  Bear with me as my mushy brain tries to find some sense and wit.

I woke up this morning with that feeling that you get in your throat when you know a cold is in your near future.  I felt progressively worse as the day went on and debated skipping today's run.  Going to bed at 5:30pm sounded like a really good trade off to me.

Unfortunately luckily running buddies are great accountability even when you feel like poop.  Emily convinced me to get today's run in and now, after the fact, I'm glad she did.  It was a decent run overall, considering my head felt like a bowling ball and I was hawking loogies and snot-rocketing every five strides. (Such a lady.....maybe this is why I'm still single)



I don't feel any better, but I don't feel any worse so I guess that's a plus.  I'm hoping to kick this cold before it turns in to anything worse.  The rest of my evening will be looking like this:



Couch, hot tea, warm blanket and my Macbook.  Most likely bed within the hour.  I'll be damned if I'm sick for Tempo Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment