Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Whole Lot of Random

Turns out Bud Light and Tully's Tenders are pretty darn good fuel for a long run!  Saturday's run definitely wasn't the best I've had, but it was much better than the week before and overall a good run.  It was HOT out and super sunny... my freckle buddies made their first big appearance of the season:

tan. not sweat.

Steph and I covered just over 7 miles with some walking here and there.  We set out on a half-planned route and it was nice to just run until we got home without worrying about mileage.  We ran through Highland Park where they were setting up for the Lilac Fest that morning.  I had run out of water and stopped at a booth where some nice young man gave me a free bottle of (cold!) water.  I told him I'd come back and buy food from his booth later.  Don't worry sir, I will be back.  Thank you for your kindness.



So you know how people do crazy things when they are high on drugs and things like that?  Well I'm beginning to think that a runner's high makes you do equally crazy things.  Wanna know what I did after my run on Saturday?  Registered for this bad boy:



My first ever duathlon!  Guess it's time to put these biking + running skills to the test!  It gets even better because the run portion is a trail run.  Trail runs scare the living daylights out of me.  I've never done a trail race before, but something about running on trails and dodging roots and sticks and rocks is apparently intriguing enough to outweigh my extreme fright of the concept.

To make it even more interesting, I'm traveling for work this week and won't be getting home until 11pm on Friday night.  So, not only will I being doing a duathlon for the first time, including trail runs, I'll be sleepy and jet-lagged.  Who wants to come cheer me on?

I'll also be running a 10k on Sunday, so this is SURE to be an interesting weekend!

In other news, I decided to try my hand today at some protein-infused baking.  I got a request at work for some "muscle man" cupcakes and what a great challenge that was.  Turns out you can't really cut the butter and sugar out of cupcakes, but with some added protein I'd say they're a-okay for some workout fuel.

protein cupcakes? it's a win.

While I was home for Mother's Day yesterday I was looking at the pics Mare took at the half marathon.  I took the liberty of loading them onto her computer and emailing them to myself.  Turns out Mare's a pretty good photographer!

seriously a better finish line pic than any of the professional photos

me and lizzie - so much emotion!

more emotion! 

It's crazy looking at the last two pictures and still feeling so emotional about everything that day.  

Anyways, I have a crazy busy week ahead of me which will hopefully include some training.  I'm planning to get a run in tomorrow (possibly a sister run!) and have no idea what the rest of the week will bring since I'll be traveling.  I wonder if I do lunges in the airport if people will think I'm crazy?  Strength train when ya can right?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those cupcakes look YUMMY!!

    A 10K AND a duathlon coming up?? Good for you!Sounds like you're going to have a great time.

    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete