Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

It's MARATHON Time!!

After a brief blogging hiatus, I am back and ready to jump into marathon training 2013!

2012 was quite the year.... I ran and biked a total of 1,257 miles, participated in 23 races, ran my first half marathon and set a new 5k pr.  Never in a million years would I have imagined I would accomplish any of those things.

...And never in a million years would I have imagined that I would starting off 2013 by training for a marathon!  I've been building my base mileage the past few weeks and am ready as I'll ever be for training to start today.

Now what would a good training cycle be if it didn't already get off to a rocky start?  I can tell you one person who is not on board with my training plans: my immune system.  Yep, I've spent the past 72 hours rotating between my bed and my couch, with this being my scenery:



Good thing training today starts with a rest day.  Best training plan ever.  Hopefully this nice weather stays around for a while, because the snow can seriously cramp my style.


You know you have great running friends when, instead of helping you up when you fall, they stop to take pictures.  Thumbs up.

My goal is to update this at least once a week so I can document my miles, my laughs, and inevitably my tears and frustrations, to 26.2.  I had such a blast documenting and reliving my half marathon training, so why not continue it for marathon training?!  Here's to the next 18 weeks on the road to Buffalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment