Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Runiversary!

What better way to come back from my 3 week long blog hiatus than on the day of my "Runiversary"!

One year ago today I ran my first 5k.  It took me 42 loooong minutes.  I crossed the finish line dead and exhausted but on cloud nine.

That finish line in November 2011 was the start of an amazing journey that has changed me inside and out.  365 days ago I would never have imagined that this is where I would be today.

Today, I ran that very same 5k.  I crossed the finish line in 33:22.  As I pushed myself as hard as I could during those 3.1 miles, I was thinking about how far I've come over the past year.

Running has changed me for the better -- mentally, physically, emotionally.  I love where I am at in my life right now and, as crazy as it may sound, I have running to thank for getting me here.  It has become my stress reliever, my social life, my anti-depressant, my passion.

Today I shaved nine minutes off my time from last year, and I ran through the finish line this morning with a new 5k PR.  I left my heart on the course this morning and I wouldn't have it any other way on my one-year running anniversary.

All I can say is, what a difference a year makes.  My one year Runiversary is even sweeter then I imagined, and you better believe there will be many, many more to come!


1 comment: