Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Musselman Triathlon Spectating

This week has been chock full of a little bit of everything.. from race spectating, to biking to running to swimming.  Yup, swimming.  More on that later.

On Sunday, I went to cheer on Becca and Rob, my two running/biking/life idols, in their first Half-Ironman triathlon.  A half Ironman is 70.3 miles of swimming, biking and running - that's a lot of miles!    I've never been to a triathlon before so I was excited to see the event and cheerlead for my favorite people!

I wish I took more pictures of the actual events, but I was so amazed at everything going on that I just couldn't stop watching.  It was seriously one of the coolest things ever - seeing so many dedicated athletes pour their heart and soul into this was so inspiring.

Because I'm always five minutes late for everything in life, I missed both Becca and Rob in transition from bike to run.  So I parked it at the finish line and didn't move from my spot until they came through.    It was so cool to see the winners finish and to watch everyone's faces as the ran down the finish chute.  Probably the highlight of the finishes was watching kids run through the finish line with their parents.  Most adorable thing ever.  I can't wait to have my kids run through finish lines with me.  Someday.


I got really flustered when I realized that Rob and Becca were coming through the finish chute because I didn't have my phone prepared to snap pictures.  Nooo!  I did manage to get my act together by the time Matt (Becca's husband) came down the chute.  One outta three ain't bad.

go matt!


you did it! :)
team miller time! my idols.
let's go coach rob!
iron-becca!

Race spectating is seriously one of the funnest things to do.  Give me a cowbell and I'm all in.  This was a crazy cool race to watch and now completing a triathlon is officially on my list of things to do.  Congrats Rob, Becca and Matt on your awesome achievement, you crazy half Ironmen!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! Hey - awesome pic of me crying at the finish hahahahahaha Oye!

    ReplyDelete